Kings Priory School
Our Curriculum Intent
Kings Priory School prepares each pupil for the next stage of their life as a global citizen with strong British values.
We achieve this through our knowledge-rich curriculum which is ambitious for every pupil and nurtures holistic excellence through our core values of respect, tolerance and friendship.
We provide an accessible, ambitious and creative curriculum for all pupils, to meet each individual learner’s needs and provide them with a broad and balanced education. We aim to:
- provide a curriculum that is inclusive for all our pupils, including those who have SEND needs;
- enable all pupils to develop knowledge, understand concepts and acquire skills to apply in the relevant situation with confident reading skills underpinning their ability to do so;
- equip all pupils with a set of lifelong values by nurturing their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development;
- support all pupils’ physical development and responsibility for their own health;
- promote high expectations of all pupils and positive attitudes to learning with a focus on making progress;
- allow pupils to become independent and confident learners equipped for further/higher education and employment;
- ensure that our curriculum provides smooth transition for all pupils (whether internal or external) across all key stages;
- ensure pupils are knowledgeable and informed about the digital world.
Respect, Tolerance and Friendship
A Broad Curriculum
The Kings Priory School curriculum is broad and balanced; in order to create well-rounded individuals, we believe learning extends beyond what happens in the classroom. Our curriculum is structured into classroom, consolidation and exploratory tiers and our goal is to bring as many pupils as possible into the exploratory tier.
N.B. This website is being developed. Please check back later for detailed curriculum information for year groups and for personal development.